Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Work #1


I was unable to complete my first idea due to issues of lighting. its just not the right season to capture the right light for that idea. Instead I created a dark room to make capture silhouettes. I plan on revisiting my first idea for another work. The work incorporates the theme of light vs. darkness. I think the work was successful but I wish that it was stronger. But I'm not sure how I could make it stronger. I think the theme will show more once I have more than one work. I think a  diptych will better  convey the central idea. I really what to create a group of works that are not only strong but captivating. I want to learn to work in a timely manner and to be happy with the finished product.

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting that #1 is a figure, #2 has an abstract feeling of a figure and the lines of it clearly connect to the lines of the ribs in #3. Focus on these connections as you move forward!
    L. Holliday

    ReplyDelete